Adult Health services are provided for risk reduction assessment, screening procedures, and life-style education. Purpose is to prevent death and disability from chronic disease, screen for early detection of disease, and promote healthy behaviors throughout the life span.
Adult Health Services are available for male and female clients who are not in need of Family Planning Services and include:
- Health History
- Clinical Breast Exam for women
- Blood Pressure Screening and BP Monitoring with doctor’s order
- STD screening and treatment if symptomatic
- Referral and follow-up for abnormal results
- BP Screening/Monitoring Only
- Communicable Disease Investigation
- TB Screening and Treatment as indicated
- Male or female not in need of Family Planning Services
- Income at or below 185% FPL
- No insurance coverage for annual screenings OR
- Underinsured with an unmet deductible of $150.00 or greater
No fees are charged.
Intention of the Adult Health program is screening. If disease process is discovered, client must be referred and treated by private physician.
For more information on Adult Health Services contact Atoka County Health Department