Sexually Transmitted Disease/HIV
In order to eliminate and prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases, the Adair County Health Department provides free and confidential testing, evaluation, health education and treatment of the following STD's:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) are infections that can be passed on from one person to another during sexual contact. They are caused by a variety of organisms including bacteria, viruses, protozoans and parasites.
Some of the common symptoms of STD's in males and females include:
- Sores, bumps, or blisters near genitals or mouth
- Burning or pain when urinating
- Slight sore throat
- Fever, chills, achy feeling
- Rectal itching, pain or discharge
- Discharge from the penis, vagina or rectum
The Adair County Health Department also performs visual examination, health education and referral services at no charge for the following STD's.
- Pubic Lice (Crabs)
- Genital Warts
- Genital Herpes
No fee is charged for STD services.
Testing is always confidential.