Skip to main content

Commercial driver licenses (CDLs), commercial learner permits (CLPs), and medical certificates have been extended by FMCSA until May 31, 2021, as long as they were not expired prior to March 1st, 2020.

Renew a Driver License/ID Card

If your license is expired for more than 1 year you will have to provide proof of legal presence unless you have provided this information since 11/01/2007. 
If you have a class D license expired greater than 1 year but less than 3 years and you are a US citizen with a state certified birth certificate, you may take this document to a Motor License Agency that is birth certificate certified. Approved Tag Agency locations listed here
If you are using documents other than a state certified birth certificate you must go to a Driver License Exam site and present a primary identification document. 
Click here for a list of acceptable documents.
Last Modified on Dec 03, 2020
Back to Top