Renew an Oklahoma Commercial Driver License
- Apply for the CDL renewal in person at any testing facility. Be prepared to take the written tests. You may make an appointment online using our Inline Online program where available.
- If you have a medical card or are in an exempt status, you can renew your Oklahoma Commercial Driver License online at my.ok.gov or at your local tag agent. Anyone with Restriction K is still required to visit a DPS office.
One of the following:
- Valid, unexpired U.S. Passport
- Certified copy of a birth certificate filed with a State Office of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency in the individual's State of birth, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) issued by the U.S. Department of State
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Certificate of Citizenship issued by DHS
Lawful Permanent Residents
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card, issued by United State Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS)*
* Required unless noted on your driver's license file.
- Holders of a Hazardous Materials endorsement must take the written test for the Hazardous Materials endorsement at each renewal. This also requires a new TSA background check at each renewal.*
* Legal presence documentation required for TSA background check.
Other Commercial Driver License requirements
- You will be required to pass a vision test to ensure you meet the vision requirements for a CDL.
- CDL renewal fees for a CDL including Hazardous Materials endorsement will increase if you did not pass the written test the first time. For each day you returned to retake the Hazardous Materials written test, your CDL renewal fee will increase by $4.00.
- Once the proper paperwork is complete, the Driver License Examiner will issue your paperwork to you. You may take the paperwork to any tag agency of your choice to be issued your CDL renewal. Click here to view the fees.