SERIOUS TRAFFIC OFFENSES
Two (2) convictions for any one or combination of the following violations in a commercial vehicle within a three (3) year period would disqualify your commercial license for sixty (60) days :
- Speeding 15 mph or more over the limit
- Reckless driving
- Any traffic offense involving a fatality accident
- Erratic or unsafe lane change
- Following too close
- Failure to obtain a commercial drivers license
- Failure to have in possession a commercial drivers license
- Failure to have the proper class license for vehicle operated
- Failure to have the proper endorsement for the vehicle operated
- Using a cellular telephone or electronic communication device to write, send, or read a text-based communication while the CMV is in motion.
Three (3) or more violations of any of the previous violations within three (3) years will result in a disqualification for (120) days.
To reinstate from disqualification:
Reinstatement from disqualification does not require the payment of any fees. When the individual has completed the period of disqualification their driving privilege will be reinstated providing they are otherwise eligible.