Skip to main content

ATTENTION: Our DPS locations and tag agent offices are currently experiencing system issues that are causing longer wait times for customers. We are working right now to fix this problem as soon as possible. In the meantime, we ask customers with non-critical needs to consider delaying their visit. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update as soon as we know more. Thank you for your understanding.

Acceptable Residency List

The applicant shall present a document from the list below containing the applicant's name and current residential street address. A post office box or other mail box address is not acceptable. The applicant cannot show mail with a forwarding address label or an adhesive address label on the envelope.


  • Copy of federal or Oklahoma income tax return filing not more than eighteen months old.
  • Current and valid life insurance, or automobile liability policy or card with address.
  • Installment loan contract from a bank or other financial institution. Payday loan companies are not acceptable.
  • Current Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or a residential lease.
  • Current homeowners' or renters' insurance policy or statement.
  • Professional license issued by an Oklahoma governmental agency
  • Property tax bill or receipt dated within the last 12 months
  • Sales tax or business license
  • Social Security Administration document with Oklahoma street address dated within the last 12 months
  • Transportation Security Administration (TSA) letter or TWIC card
  • Utility bill (from an electric, telephone (home or cell), water, sewer, cable, satellite, heating oil, or propane provider) issued within the last sixty days.
  • Valid concealed weapons permit.
  • Certified copy of court order- Must contain the full name, address, and date of birth of the applicant.
  • Oklahoma Boat Title or Registration
  • Current documents issued by the US Military indicating residential address
  • Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Title or Registration
  • Pilot's license
  • Public assistance benefit card and correspondence dated within the last 8 months.
  • W-2 wage or 1099 tax form from the current year
  • Oklahoma Voter registration card
  • Tribal Vehicle Titles or Registration
  • Oklahoma High School, College, University transcript or Technology Center transcript for current school year or semester
  • Oklahoma Agriculture exemption permit card (farm tax permit)
  • Correspondence from an Oklahoma State Agency with current address dated within the last year. (cannot be forwarded mail)
Last Modified on Oct 05, 2020
Back to Top