Skip to main content

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is extending the REAL ID full enforcement date by 19 months, from October 1, 2021 to May 3, 2023, due to circumstances resulting from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Transfer an Out-of-State Learner Permit with the Parent-Taught Affidavit

Between the Age of 15 1/2 and 16, an applicant with a valid out-of-state learner permit can transfer the permit to Oklahoma if they meet all other requirements. Applicant must appear before a Driver License Examiner. The examiner will process them and arrange to have an approved amount of time credited towards the 6 month learner permit requirement. If the out-of-state permit was issued before the applicant is 15 1/2, they will get credit from the date they turned 15 1/2. If the permit was issued after they turned 15 1/2, they will be given credit from the issue date of their out-of-state permit. The Examiner will issue a form that is taken to a tag agency where they will pay the fee and get the permit printed.


The applicant must bring in the following:
  1. Primary ID — usually a state-certified birth certificate. For a complete list of acceptable primary identification documents, click here.
  2. Social Security Number.
  3. You must have a Parent or Legal Guardian present.
  4. You must present the Approved Parent Taught Drivers Education Affidavit.
  5. You must present the Out-of-State Learner Permit.
  6. Applicant must bring in any documents showing a legal name change: Such as Marriage, Adoption, Divorce etc: These documents should connect all of the last names from the birth certificate to the current last name. Read more »




Last Modified on May 03, 2021
Back to Top