Skip to main content

ATTENTION: Our DPS locations and tag agent offices are currently experiencing system issues that are causing longer wait times for customers. We are working right now to fix this problem as soon as possible. In the meantime, we ask customers with non-critical needs to consider delaying their visit. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update as soon as we know more. Thank you for your understanding.

Bail Bond (Court Requested) Suspension

  1. How do I clear a suspension for Failure to Appear (FTA) in court concerning a traffic citation or for Failure to Pay Fines and Costs (FTP) after being found guilty of a traffic violation?

    • You must provide proof of clearance from the court of the jurisdiction where the citation was received, and pay the statutory fees required to reinstate to the Department of Public Safety. If the ticket was for failure to have insurance, you must additionally submit proof of current insurance in your name to the Department.
Last Modified on Oct 05, 2020
Back to Top