Offender Records serves as a centralized source of offender information for staff, the public, and for numerous state and federal agencies by using active and closed records dating prior to statehood.
- Responds to inquiries from judges and attorneys concerning the service of sentences.
- Prepares "PIN" (Prior Incarceration) packets nationwide for prosecuting attorneys seeking to enhance sentences with prior convictions.
- Provides government agencies at all levels with offender information.
- Answers general public and private company inquiries about criminal histories and inmate locations.
- Serves as clearinghouse for dispersal of documents from the courts to field units.