- Responds to inquiries from federal and state judicial authorities for information about discharged offender records. Testifies about discharged offender records. Testifies about criminal records in courtroom proceedings to the accuracy of the information provided.
- Releases information regarding closed offender records as provided by law.
- Assists staff, criminal justice agencies, local, state and federal agencies pertaining to closed offender records.
- Serves as the repository of closed offender field.
- Conducts genealogy and historical research.