BOC Agenda for October 1, 2015
Jackie Brannon Correctional Center
900 N West Street
October 1, 2015
Members of the Board of Corrections will be dining together before the Board meeting.
No business will be conducted during this time period.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Corrections is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5, 2015, at Jess Dunn Correctional Center in Taft, Oklahoma.
Updated on 9/28/2015 3:24:02 PM
- Call to Order and Roll Call - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Welcome/Remarks - Jerry Chrisman, Warden, Jackie Brannon Correctional Center
- Old Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Discussion and Approval of Board of Corrections Meeting Minutes (Regular Meeting on September 10, 2015) - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Director’s Comments with Possible Discussion (Staffing Update, Restrictive Housing Update, Executions) - Robert Patton, Director
- Monthly Update and Discussion of FY 2016 Agency Budget - Ashlee Clemmons, Chief Administrator, Business Services
- Update and Discussion of Offender Population - Laura Pitman, Ph.D., Division Manager, Field Support
- Discussion and Approval of CY 2016 Legislative Initiatives - Marilyn Davidson, Legislative Liaison
- Committee Reports - Committee Chairs
Audit/Finance – Chair Frazier Henke, Members Gene Haynes and Michael Roach
Female Offender – Chair Irma Newburn, Members Frazier Henke and Todd Holder
Public Policy/Affairs – Chair Gene Haynes, Members Irma Newburn and Matt Tilly
Population/Private Prisons – Chair Michael Roach, Members Todd Holder and Matt Tilly Executive – Chair Kevin Gross, Members Michael Roach and Frazier Henke
- New Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Announcements - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval to Adjourn for Executive Session for:
Discussion of Pending Investigation - David Cincotta, General Counsel
Suicide of Michael Black #725074 at Lexington Assessment and Reception Center (Case number IG 15-0160)
Homicides of Fulwilder #452600, Mayden #628166, Tiffee #657391 and Tignor #631266 at Cimarron Correctional Facility (Case number IG 15-0157)
Discussion of Pending Litigation:
Glossip et al v. Gross et al, Oklahoma Western District Court, case number 2014-CV-00665
“Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest.” 25 O.S. § 307.B.4.
- Approval to Return from Executive Session - David Cincotta, General Counsel
- Adjournment - Kevin Gross, Chair