BOC Agenda for July 7, 2016
North Fork Correctional Center
1605 E Main Street
July 7, 2016
Members of the Board of Corrections will be dining together before the Board meeting.
No business will be conducted during this time period.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Corrections is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 1, 2016, at the Jess Dunn Correctional Center in Taft, Oklahoma.
Updated on 7/5/2016 1:17:32 PM
- Call to Order and Roll Call - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Welcome/Remarks - Tracy McCollum, Warden, North Fork Correctional Center
- Old Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval of Board of Corrections Meeting Minutes of Regular Meeting on June 2, 2016 - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval of Board of Corrections Policies (P-020800, Guidelines for Research and Research-Related Activities, P-160100, Purpose and Function of Probation and Parole) - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Notification to Board of Corrections of Emergency Purchase Under $75,000 (Purchase of Chiller for Oklahoma City Community Corrections Center) - Joe M. Allbaugh, Interim Director
“The chief administrative officer of a public agency with a governing body shall notify the governing body within ten (10) days of the declaration of an emergency if the governing body did not approve the emergency. The notification shall contain a statement of the reasons for the action, and shall be recorded in the official minutes of the governing body.” 61 O.S. § 130.B
- Notification to Board of Corrections of Emergency Purchase Under $100,000 (Repair of Two Electrical Transformers at Lexington Assessment and Reception Center and Drinking Water, Cooking Water, Ice, Paper Plates, Paper Cups During Water Outage at Dick Conner Correctional Center) - Joe M. Allbaugh, Interim Director
“Emergency acquisitions are defined by 580:16-1-2 as an acquisition made by the State Purchasing Director or a state agency without seeking competitive bids to relieve an unforeseen condition believed to place human life or safety in imminent danger or to threaten significant property interests with imminent destruction; or a condition certified by the governor as a serious environmental situation.” 74 O.S. § 85.7.A.4.
- Approval of Appointment of Tracy McCollum as Warden of the North Fork Correctional Center - Greg Williams, Division Manager, West Institutions
- Monthly Update of FY 2016 Agency Budget - Ashlee Clemmons, Chief Administrator, Business Services
- Approval of FY 2017 Budget Work Program - Ashlee Clemmons, Chief Administrator, Business Services
- Approval of Resolution for National Pretrial, Probation and Parole Supervision Week (July 17-23, 2016) - Laura Pitman, Ph.D., Division Manager, Field Services
- Monthly Update of Offender Population - Laura Pitman, Ph.D., Division Manager, Field Services
- Approval to Amend and Renew Current Private Prison Contract (Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) – Annual renewal of five-year contract) - David Cincotta, General Counsel
- Update on North Fork Correctional Center Transition - Edward L. Evans, Associate Director, Field Operations
- Committee Reports - Committee Chairs
Audit/Finance – Chair Frazier Henke, Members Gene Haynes and Michael Roach
Female Offender – Chair Irma Newburn, Members Frazier Henke and Todd Holder
Public Policy/Affairs – Chair Gene Haynes, Members Adam Luck and Irma Newburn
Population/Private Prisons – Chair Michael Roach, Members Todd Holder and Adam Luck
Executive – Chair Kevin Gross, Members Michael Roach and Frazier Henke
- Election of Officers - Kevin Gross, Chair
- New Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Announcements - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval to Adjourn for Executive Session - David Cincotta, General Counsel
Discussion of Pending Litigation
Koch et al v. Juber et al, US District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, case number 13-cv-00750-HE
“Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest.” 25 O.S. § 307.B.4.
Discussion of Director of Corrections
Appointment and Salary of Director of Corrections
"Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining or resignation of any individual salaried public officer or employee.” 25 O.S. § 307.B.1.
- Approval to Return from Executive Session - David Cincotta, General Counsel
- Approval of Appointment and Salary of Director of Corrections - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Adjournment - Kevin Gross, Chair