BOC Agenda for February 12, 2015
John Lilley Correctional Center
105150 N 3670 Road
February 12, 2015
Members of the Board of Corrections will be dining together before the Board meeting.
No business will be conducted during this time period.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Corrections is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2015, at Kate Barnard Community Corrections Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Updated on 2/10/2015 2:29:23 PM
- Call to Order and Roll Call - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Welcome/Remarks with Possible Discussion - Kameron Harvanek,Warden, John H. Lilley Correctional Center
- Old Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Discussion and Approval of Board of Corrections Meeting Minutes (Regular Meeting on January 8, 2015) - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Director’s Comments with Possible Discussion (Execution, Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Audits, Justice Reinvestment Initiative (JRI) Committee, Budget Discussions) - Robert Patton, Director
- Discussion and Approval/Confirmation of Appointments (Jason Bryant,Warden, James Crabtree Correctional Center, Thomas W. Sharp, Warden, Howard McLeod Correctional Center, Janet Dowling,Warden, Dick Conner Correctional Center) - David Parker, Division Manager, East Institutions
- Monthly Update and Discussion of Agency Budget - Ashlee Clemmons, Chief Administrator, Business Services
- Quarterly Update and Discussion of Oklahoma Correctional Industries and Agri-Services Budget (FY 2015, 2nd Quarter) - Charles Groves, Business Services, Coordinator, Oklahoma Correctional Industries and Agri-Services
- Quarterly Update and Discussion of Financial Internal Audits (FY 2015, 2nd Quarter) - Gharzuddin Baksh, Auditor IV, Auditing and Compliance
- Update and Discussion of Offender Population - Laura Pitman, Ph.D., Division Manager, Field Support
- Update and Discussion of Legislative Initiatives - Marilyn Davidson, Executive Assistant
- Committee Reports - Committee Chairs
Audit/Finance – Chair Frazier Henke, Members Gene Haynes and Michael Roach
Female Offender – Chair Linda Neal, Members Frazier Henke and Earnest Ware
Public Policy/Public Affairs – Chair Earnest Ware, Members Gene Haynes and Frazier Henke
Population/Private Prisons – Chair Linda Neal, Member Michael Roach
Executive – Chair Kevin Gross, Members Linda Neal and Michael Roach
- New Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
“Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting.” 25 O.S. § 311.A.9.
- Announcements - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval to Adjourn for Executive Session - David Cincotta, General Counsel
Discussion of Pending Litigation:
Glossip et al v. Gross et al, OklahomaWestern
District Court, case number 2014-CV-00665
Oklahoma Observer et al v. Patton et al, Western
District Court, case number 2014-CV-00905
"Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest.” 25 O.S. § 307.B.4.
- Approval to Return from Executive Session - David Cincotta, General Counsel
- Adjournment - Kevin Gross, Chair