BOC Agenda for April 9, 2015
Davis Correctional Facility
6888 East 133rd Road
April 9, 2015
Members of the Board of Corrections will be dining together before the Board meeting.
No business will be conducted during this time period.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Corrections is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 7, 2015, at Clara Waters Community Corrections Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Updated on 4/3/2015 9:11:39 AM
- Call to Order and Roll Call - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Introduction of Board of Corrections Members (James M. Tilly, Irma J. Newburn, J. T. Holder) - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Welcome/Remarks - Tim Wilkinson, Warden, Davis Correctional Facility
- Old Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Discussion and Approval of Board of Corrections Meeting Minutes (Regular Meeting on March 12, 2015) - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Director’s Comments with Possible Discussion (Tour of Avalon Facilities, Tour of Women In Recovery, Focus for Coming Months) - Robert Patton, Director
- Discussion and Approval of Board Resolution (National Volunteer Appreciation Week (April 12-18, 2015) - Leo Brown, Coordinator, Religious and Volunteer Services
- Discussion and Approval of Board Resolution (National Administrative Professional’s Week (April 19-25, 2015) - Tina Hicks, Associate Director, Administrative Operations
- Discussion and Approval of Board Resolutions (National Public Service Recognition Week (May 3-9, 2015) and National Correctional Officer’s Week (May 3-9, 2015) - Borman Stell, Coordinator, Recruitment, Retention and Recognition
- Discussion and Approval of Board Resolution (National Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4-8, 2015) - Pam Humphrey, Superintendent, Education
- Discussion and Approval of Board Resolution National Nurses Appreciation Week (May 6-12, 2015) - Eric Franklin, Division Manager, Health Services
- Monthly Update and Discussion of Agency Budget - Ashlee Clemmons, Chief Administrator, Business Services
- Update and Discussion of Offender Population - Laura Pitman, Ph.D., Division Manager, Field Support
- Committee Reports - Committee Chairs
Audit/Finance – Chair Frazier Henke, Members Gene Haynes and Michael Roach
Female Offender – Chair Irma Newburn, Members Frazier Henke and Todd Holder
Public Policy/Public Affairs – Chair Gene Haynes, Members Irma Newburn and Matt Tilly
Population/Private Prisons – Chair Michael Roach, Members Todd Holder and Matt Tilly
Executive – Chair Kevin Gross, Members Frazier Henke and Michael Roach
- New Business - Kevin Gross, Chair
“Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting.” 25 O.S. § 311.A.9.
- Announcements - Kevin Gross, Chair
- Approval to Adjourn for Executive Session - Gary Elliott, Assistant General Counsel
Discussion of Pending Investigation:
Suicide of offender Ronnie Hannon #572489 (IG 15-0046)
“Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest.” 25 O.S. § 307.B.4.
- Approval to Return from Executive Session - Gary Elliott, Assistant General Counsel
- Adjournment - Kevin Gross, Chair