SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 06/09/2022
- As of this advisory, there are 1,054,953 total cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- 437 is today's 7-day rolling average for the number of new cases reported.
- Provisional Death Count (CDC/NCHS): 16,145
- Register online to receive a notification when you're eligible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccinefinder.org.
- For more information, visit https://oklahoma.gov/covid19.html.
- In today's Situation Update, we are including a link to two hospital capacity reports, one outlining the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult ICU beds by region, and the other the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult Inpatient Beds by region. We want to emphasize this is a point in time count reported by hospitals to HHS. Hospital capacity numbers change on an hourly basis depending upon admissions and discharges. This data is self-reported by hospitals. Data are subject to change as facilities enter and/or update their responses. This document will be updated on our website daily Monday-Friday to align with the release of the Situation Update.
- The weekly Oklahoma COVID-19 Epidemiology & Surveillance Report for May 29 - June 4, 2022 is now available.
- Starting June 6, 2022 there will be a nationwide, temporary pause in the processing of death certificate data. The National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) will be undergoing a system-wide upgrade. During the pause Oklahoma will continue to report to the CDC and NCHS, but the pause will result in the state not receiving data back as we normally do. This means the provisional death counts for COVID-19 will not be updated for several weeks and likely multiple releases. We will report data occurring during the paused time frame, once processing resumes. For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm
- Schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccines.gov.
- Weekly Epidemiology & Surveillance Reports from weeks past can be found here.
- For more information, visit Oklahoma.gov/COVID19.
|COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|New Cases 7 Day Average||437|
|New Cases Week of 5/29/22 - 6/4/22||3,056|
|Provisional Death Count (CDC/NHS)
|Acute Care OSDH Licensed
|Recent 3 day Ave. Hospitalizations|
|Region 1 (NW)||7 (3)|
|Region 2 (NE)||5 (0)|
|Region 3 (SW)||5 (0)|
|Region 4 (EC)||7 (1)|
|Region 5 (SE)||2 (1)|
|Region 6 (Central)||6 (0)|
|Region 7 (Tulsa)||41 (16)|
|Region 8 (OKC)||45 (2)|
|Other Types of Facilities|
|Focus Facilities||2 (0)|
|Rehabilitation Facilities||1 (0)|
|Tribal Facilities||1 (0)|
|Other Facilities Total||4 (0)|
*Includes 24 hospitalizations in pediatric beds.
**The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2022-06-09 at 7:00 a.m.
Detailed case statistics are published on the website. Click here for more information.