SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 01/10/2022
- Case numbers from over the weekend reflect a steady increase in community transmission, something OSDH has anticipated occurring with trends seen in the state over the past week and elsewhere in the country. OSDH ramped up testing operations over the weekend, extending hours at county health departments and also offering testing through mobile units in some areas of the state. We plan to continue this statewide testing effort, making sure those who need a test have access to one. We encourage those who have symptoms or believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 to get tested and complete the recommended isolation and/or quarantine period based on test results. Moving forward, one of the best ways to keep yourself and those around you protected is vaccination.
- As of this advisory, there are 764,651 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- 6,829 is today's 7-day rolling average for the number of new cases reported.
- Provisional Death Count (CDC/NCHS): 12,650
- Register online to receive a notification when you're eligible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccinefinder.org.
- For more information, visit https://oklahoma.gov/covid19.html.
- In today's Situation Update, we are including a link to two hospital capacity reports, one outlining the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult ICU beds by region, and the other the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult Inpatient Beds by region. We want to emphasize this is a point in time count reported by hospitals to HHS. Hospital capacity numbers change on an hourly basis depending upon admissions and discharges. This data is self-reported by hospitals. Data are subject to change as facilities enter and/or update their responses. This document will be updated on our website daily Monday-Friday to align with the release of the Situation Update.
|COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|New Cases Today||8,130|
|Sunday New Cases (01/09/22)||9,608|
|Saturday New Cases (01/08/22)||9,320|
|New Cases 7 Day Average||6,829|
|Provisional Death Count (CDC/NHS)
|Acute Care OSDH Licensed
|Recent 3 day Ave. Hospitalizations|
|Region 1 (NW)||56 (16)|
|Region 2 (NE)||72 (23)|
|Region 3 (SW)||122 (26)|
|Region 4 (EC)||35 (7)|
|Region 5 (SE)||25 (2)|
|Region 6 (Central)||94 (21)|
|Region 7 (Tulsa)||305 (88)|
|Region 8 (OKC)||356 (84)|
|Other Types of Facilities|
|Focus Facilities||60 (22)|
|Rehabilitation Facilities||4 (0)|
|Tribal Facilities||21 (5)|
|Other Facilities Total||85 (27)|
*Includes 23 hospitalizations in pediatric beds.
**The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2022-01-10 at 7:00 a.m.
Detailed case statistics are published on the website. Click here for more information.