OSDH Weekly Epidemiology Report: 05/05/2021
- The weekly Oklahoma COVID-19 Weekly Report for April 25 - May 01, 2021 is now available.
- Oklahoma’s current trend with new positive cases continues to reflect community transmission, which can be reduced by keeping 6 feet of physical distance from others, wearing face coverings when around individuals from outside the household, avoiding touching your face, and regular hand-washing.
- Oklahoma currently ranks 25th in the number of total reported COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and 10th in the cumulative incidence (per 100,000 persons) of reported COVID-19 cases in the U.S.
- It is critical for Oklahomans to seek out testing, with or without symptoms. Diagnostic testing is freely available to all Oklahomans, and we continue to improve our ability to find and diagnose COVID-19 cases through our contact tracing efforts. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, a public health worker may try to contact you; the need to adhere to instructions to quarantine and isolate remain critically important.
- Schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccinefinder.org.
- Reports from weeks past can be found here.
- For more information, visit Oklahoma.gov/COVID19.
Oklahoma, May 04, 2021
Note: On July 24, 2020 fourteen labs began reporting to OSDH that had been testing since May 18, 2020.