Daily update: OSDH Vaccine Scheduler Portal 01.14.2021
The Vaccine Scheduler Portal is operational to allow eligible Oklahomans to schedule their COVID-19 vaccination. OSDH will provide a daily end of day update on progress throughout the week of January 11.
OSDH will host a media briefing with Deputy Commissioner Keith Reed tomorrow, January 15 at 1:00 p.m. via zoom to answer any questions regarding the vaccine or the scheduler portal.
Updates as of 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 14:
- 443,954 Oklahomans have registered through the portal to receive notifications on eligibility.
- Phase 1: 11,910
- Phase 2 (currently eligible groups): 251,030
- 49,389 appointments have been scheduled by Oklahomans eligible to receive the vaccine
- Reminder that more appointments will continue to be added throughout the week, so OSDH recommends that people continue checking the system on an ongoing basis.
- As the COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to more Oklahomans, it’s important to remember that two doses of the vaccine are required for full protection.
- Individuals should get their second dose no earlier than 21 days after their first dose for the Pfizer vaccine and 28 days for Moderna vaccine.
- When scheduling second doses, Oklahomans should know that inoculation does not have to occur exactly 21 days or 28 days after the first dose, this time period can be extended if needed and will not impact efficacy.
- At this point in time, the appointments available in Oklahoma’s Vaccine Scheduler Portal are reserved for Oklahoma residents only.
- Please note, walk-in appointments are not available for the COVID-19 vaccine at any OSDH provider. However, the Tulsa Health Department has their own process for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Currently, THD is allowing walk-ins only for those who received a first dose of the vaccine from THD and now need their second dose. This is different from the approach currently being employed by OSDH and other CHDs across the state.
- Anyone outside of Tulsa County who has received their first vaccine dose should continue to follow the instructions given to them by their local health departments to receive their second dose and complete their vaccine.
- They may also use the Vaccine Scheduler Portal at vaccinate.ok.gov, which is the best and most efficient way to schedule an appointment for a second dose of the vaccine. We do not recommend calling PODS or County Health Departments as they do not have scheduling capabilities.
- For those who do not have internet access, please call 211 and they will be able to assist you. The 211 workers can collect your information and provide it to your county health department, which will then be in touch about scheduling an appointment in your area.
- Current priority groups that are eligible for vaccine appointments as part of Phase 2 of the vaccine plan:
- Healthcare workers
- Expanded healthcare worker group such as allied health fields and general outpatient health service (i.e. behavioral health, dentists)
- First responders
- Oklahomans aged 65+
- Healthcare workers
What to expect when registering:
- Successful registration within the portal does not guarantee an appointment. Registering only means you will be notified when you are eligible to schedule your appointment.
- Email notifications: There are two main emails people will receive from this system.
- 1) A registration confirmation email. This confirms that you are registered in the system and will be notified when you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
- 2) A phase confirmation email with a link to set up an appointment. This email will be sent when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and an appointment is available in your area.
- If you have already registered but didn’t receive an email yet, you can likely expect your confirmation email within 24-48 hours.
- It's important that users answer each questionnaire question with "yes" as it applies to them. Do not skip over this part as these answers are what put you into the correct priority group. For example, if a person is age 65 or older, they must choose “yes” to indicate they belong in this phase group.
- Unfortunately, the portal does not currently allow a user to change responses after the form has been submitted. In the case that incorrect responses are submitted, a new email account must be used to create a new registration.
- If a user has to abandon a registration session, be advised that they will need to wait 24 hours for the system to reset before being able to use the same email address again.
- You can use the same email to register multiple people on the portal as long as the names and dates of birth are different. This can be done to help register parents, children, etc.
- Due to the large volume of individuals visiting the portal, and the resulting volume of email notifications to be sent, the system is issuing emails on a batch basis. Emails are sent out over a span of time in the order in which registrations occurred. As a result, some emails may be delayed. Emails should be received within 24 hours during these peak volume times.
- Appointment availability is dependent upon vaccine supply. New appointments are added as vaccine supply allows. Additionally, please be patient with the scheduler portal as we work to ensure all available appointments are properly added throughout the day.
- You must register at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov to receive email notifications regarding vaccine appointment availability.
- If Oklahomans are a part of a priority group and phase eligible to receive the vaccine, but are not able to schedule an appointment, there will be additional opportunities to do so next Thursday. Those residents will be notified of their ability to schedule appointments via email.
For FAQs regarding scheduling your vaccine appointment, visit:
To use the Vaccine Scheduler Portal, visit:
If you would like to learn more about your eligibility, but cannot access the internet, please call 211 or your local health department.
For the media release specific to the vaccine registration portal, visit:
To view the complete statewide vaccination framework, visit: