SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 12/31/2021
- As of this advisory, there are 708,938 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- 2,104 is today's 7-day rolling average for the number of new cases reported.
- Provisional Death Count (CDC/NCHS): 12,419 (as of 12/30/21)
- Schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccines.gov.
- For more information, visit https://oklahoma.gov/covid19.html.
- As seen elsewhere in the country, Oklahoma’s COVID-19 case numbers are on the rise. Many factors contribute to the increased spread, including more indoor gatherings, holiday travel, increased testing, and of course the addition of a new variant. With the New Year’s holiday this weekend, we encourage those who will be gathering in groups to consider precautions and safety measures to help prevent illness. Recommended safety measures include, wearing a mask, washing your hands often and watching your distance. Moving forward, one of the best ways to keep yourself and those around you protected is vaccination.
- In today's Situation Update, we are including a link to two hospital capacity reports, one outlining the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult ICU beds by region, and the other the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult Inpatient Beds by region. We want to emphasize this is a point in time count reported by hospitals to HHS. Hospital capacity numbers change on an hourly basis depending upon admissions and discharges. This data is self-reported by hospitals. Data are subject to change as facilities enter and/or update their responses. This document will be updated on our website daily Monday-Friday to align with the release of the Situation Update.
|COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|New Cases Today||3,974|
|New Cases 7 Day Average||2,104|
|Provisional Death Count (CDC/NHS) - as of 12/30/21
|Acute Care OSDH Licensed
|Recent 3 day Ave. Hospitalizations|
|Region 1 (NW)||39 (14)|
|Region 2 (NE)||64 (19)|
|Region 3 (SW)||107 (20)|
|Region 4 (EC)||25 (8)|
|Region 5 (SE)||28 (6)|
|Region 6 (Central)||67 (16)|
|Region 7 (Tulsa)||272 (82)|
|Region 8 (OKC)||211 (59)|
|Other Types of Facilities|
|Focus Facilities||32 (8)|
|Rehabilitation Facilities||2 (0)|
|Tribal Facilities||20 (3)|
|Other Facilities Total||54 (11)|
*Includes 18 hospitalizations in pediatric beds.
**The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2021-12-31 at 7:00 a.m.
Detailed case statistics are published on the website. Click here for more information.