SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 12/22/2021
- To allow our staff, who have worked tirelessly throughout the COVID-19 pandemic response, time to enjoy the holiday with their loved ones, the Oklahoma State Department of Health will not be reporting COVID-19 data on Dec. 23 or 24. A report, with data from these dates, will be available on Dec. 27.
- This week, 63 Oklahoma counties are in the “orange" risk level, 12 in the "yellow" risk level, 2 in the "green" risk level for the COVID-19 Risk Level System. OSDH continues to monitor closely the statewide hospitalization trends for COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 Risk Level System will be updated every Wednesday in the Situation Update at 11:00 a.m. This week’s map can be seen in this update below the test results chart.
- As OSDH continues to meet with stakeholders across the state, the COVID-19 Alert Map is subject to further revisions as science and public health guidance advances with the ongoing pandemic.
- As of this advisory, there are 691,282 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma.
- 1,143 is today's 7-day rolling average for the number of new cases reported.
- Provisional Death Count (CDC/NCHS): 12,326
- Register online to receive a notification when you're eligible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov, or locate other vaccine opportunities at vaccinefinder.org.
- For more information, visit https://oklahoma.gov/covid19.html.
- In today's Situation Update, we are including a link to two hospital capacity reports, one outlining the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult ICU beds by region, and the other the number and percent of Unoccupied Adult Inpatient Beds by region. We want to emphasize this is a point in time count reported by hospitals to HHS. Hospital capacity numbers change on an hourly basis depending upon admissions and discharges. This data is self-reported by hospitals. Data are subject to change as facilities enter and/or update their responses. This document will be updated on our website daily Monday-Friday to align with the release of the Situation Update.
|COVID-19 Oklahoma Test Results
|New Cases 7 Day Average||1,143|
|Provisional Death Count (CDC/NHS)
|Acute Care OSDH Licensed
|Recent 3 day Ave. Hospitalizations|
|Region 1 (NW)||33 (13)|
|Region 2 (NE)||44 (21)|
|Region 3 (SW)||86 (21)|
|Region 4 (EC)||21 (6)|
|Region 5 (SE)||13 (1)|
|Region 6 (Central)||64 (15)|
|Region 7 (Tulsa)||230 (78)|
|Region 8 (OKC)||226 (76)|
|Other Types of Facilities|
|Focus Facilities||23 (6)|
|Rehabilitation Facilities||3 (0)|
|Tribal Facilities||18 (4)|
|Other Facilities Total||44 (10)|
*Includes 20 hospitalizations in pediatric beds.
**The total includes laboratory information provided to OSDH at the time of the report. Total counts may not reflect unique individuals.
The purpose of publishing aggregated statistical COVID-19 data through the OSDH Dashboard, the Executive Order Report, and the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report is to support the needs of the general public in receiving important and necessary information regarding the state of the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma. These resources may be used only for statistical purposes and may not be used in any way that would determine the identity of any reported cases.
Data Source: Acute Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health.
*As of 2021-12-22 at 7:00 a.m.
Oklahoma COVID-19 Risk Level System
COVID-19 Risk Level System
As of December 21, 2021
Detailed case statistics are published on the website. Click here for more information.