SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 03/14/2020
- We continue to work with our health care partners to ensure individuals who need to be tested for COVID-19 will receive access to testing.
- The OSDH has authorized hospitals, nursing facilities, assisted living centers, adult day care centers, jails and detention centers to restrict visitors as they deem necessary to protect those they serve.
- Individuals with a fever, cough or shortness of breath should contact a primary care physician or public health professional who can then recommend a test for COVID-19 if necessary. Clinicians may recommend testing for other respiratory illnesses, including flu. Those individuals who are uninsured may call 211 for community resources.
- Public health officials are working diligently with community health partners to put safeguards in place to protect our most vulnerable populations.
- As a reminder to focus on prevention, avoid people who are sick, wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please check the COVID-19 website at https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov.