Board Member Training
CareerTech board member training points are tracked through the OSSBA member portal. It is important that CareerTech board members ensure their information on the OSSBA member portal is kept updated and that the ODCTE has up-to-date information on all CareerTech board members. Please submit changes via form below after annual elections or to notify ODCTE of any other board member changes.
CareerTech board members are responsible for ensuring they complete the training requirements specified in Sections 5-110 and 5-110.1 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes. The training may be conducted and/or coordinated by the Oklahoma Department of CareerTech (ODCTE), the Oklahoma State School Boards Association (OSSBA) or by an outside entity that has been approved by the ODCTE (see process below).
School Board Member Training Options
CareerTech Board Members have options in meeting their training requirements.
- Participation in OSSBA’s workshops or recorded webinars and workshops.
- Participation in OK Dept. of CareerTech’s board member training sessions. See information below.
- Follow process to request (see process at bottom of page).
- Continuing Ed (CE)
- Ethics (E)
- Finance (F)
Technology Center School Board Member Workshop - Request for Approval
- To be followed for all board member training not conducted and/or coordinated by the ODCTE or OSSBA.
Technology Center School Board Member Workshop - Certification of Completion
- Monitor OSSBA portal to ensure credit for ODCTE courses is recorded. If credit is not recorded within 30 days of course completion, contact Renee Reed at 405.743.5515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Renee Reed at 405.743.5515 or email@example.com.