HCE Email #6
HCE Email #6 Update---FYI 4.3.20 The longest week EVER this month!!
A few announcements and then some resources from the troops!!
- The Oklahoma Healthcare Workforce Simulation Conference for May 21, 2020 is cancelled. All purchase orders can be cancelled and if you have registered and paid, your funds will be returned. This was a very difficult decision, but feel it's best for our speaker and participants.
- The Health Careers Bootcamp that had been scheduled for May 4-5, 2020 is also cancelled. We will reschedule this conference in the fall and can't wait to hear all the new things you've learned and can share with others!!
- The last eight events for HOSA State Leadership Conference have been cancelled for all three competitive levels (MS, HS, PS). Those events are: Extemporaneous Health Poster,Health Career Display; Public Health, Extemporaneous Writing, Prepared Speaking, Speaking Skills, Life Support Skills
a. Consider join the following Facebook Groups:
- Teachers Transforming Nursing Education
- Nursing Instructor Group for Clinical Resources Ideas During COVID
- National Consortium for Health Science Education
- Health Science Educators Association
b. PassAssured is now offering 50% discount on their Pharmacology curriculum. If you have a student that would like to be a Pharm Tech and they aren't able to do the instruction/clinical now, this would be a great course for them. Also appropriate for any program that teaches Pharmacology. The email was sent under separate cover this morning.
c. Recording from Josie Scott's meeting this morning will be placed on COVID 19 page.
5. I’m happy to facilitate Zoom meetings for each of your programmatic groups or any other meeting you may need. Next Week’s Meetings to Join:
- Practical Nursing Directors Weekly Update: Every Wednesday at 1pm
- Practical Nursing Instructors Meeting: Wednesday, April 8, 3pm
- OHCETA Leadership Spring Meeting: Tuesday April 7 at 2pm
Meeting # 215-512-943
6. PLEASE don’t forget to sign up to ctyou.org and join your CHAT—people are begging for resources and really want to know what YOU are doing—the only way to help each other is to log in!
7. LTC—We may have access to a completely online course courtesy of Autry Tech, very soon! Keep watching for information!
I’m sure there is more, but can’t think what it is……you all are AMAZING!!!! Keep on keeping on and we will talk next week! STAY HOME and STAY SAFE!!!