Career Development Coordinator - Special Population
Career Development Coordinator - Special Population
Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/faq/rr/policyguidance/Supple%20Fact%20Sheet%203.21.20%20FINAL.pdf?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term
U. S. Department of Education’s Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Corona Virus Disease 2019 Outbreak https://www2.ed.gov/policy/speced/guid/idea/memosdcltrs/qa-covid-19-03-12-2020.pdf
National Center for Systemic Improvement’s COVID-19 Resources for Supporting Students with Disabilities https://ncsi.wested.org/
CTE Policy Watch Blog: COVID-19 Resources, Laws, Updates for CTE Programs
Student Privacy and Special Education: An Educator’s Guide During and After
Guidance for K-12 School Administrators on the Use of Cloth Face Coverings in Schools
Guidance for Direct Service Providers Caring for People with Disabilities
|CareerTech Master Educator has many courses related
to accessibility and disabilities, includiing:
|Accessibility for Web Design||Accessible Video: Caption, Search, and Compliance Strategies||Acrobat DC: Creating Accessible PDFs (2015)||Advanced Accessible PDFs (2019)||Advanced Accessible PDFs (2020)||Android App Development: Accessibility|
|Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office||Creating Accessible PDFs||Disability Basics for CareerTech Educators||Dyslexia Awareness||EPUB Accessibility Using InDesign||FERPA – Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act|
|Increasing Accessibility & Fostering Inclusive Classrooms with Microsoft||iOS App Development: Accessibility||Supporting Students with Mental Illness||Teaching Techniques: Making Accessible Learning||Using Accessibility to Improve SEO||WordPress: Accessibility|
To request a login, please email James Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for CTE
Disability Specialists, Counselors, Teachers & Instructors
Supporting CTE Special Populations Grant Application. Each and every year billions of dollars are awarded to schools, teachers and organizations!!! https://www.okcareertech.org/about/state-agency/divisions/federal-legislation-assistance/carl-perkins/innovation-grant-resources
Office of Special Education Programs Technical Assistance Network
OkACTE-Education Services-Special Populations Division - ESSP https://20806236-292e-4e71-84f4-f3aa16ef1b84.filesusr.com/ugd/6fdac8_3432ce6fd39f438a8bab777426fcce0b.pdf
- ESSP Mission: Provide and enhance the learning of all students that attend Career and Technology Education including those students from special populations.
- ESSP Purpose:
- Updating ESSP members on trends, plans, and policies, and current happenings of the Oklahoma Association of Career and Technology Education
- Enhancing the professional attitudes and competencies of the membership
- Promoting interagency collaboration
Strategies for Special Population Success: Practical Tips and Tools for Educators – National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (download PDF)
- Disability Reference Guide For Technology Centers
- Section 504 Accommodation Plan (fillable form)
- IEP Participation Questionnaire
- Educational Interpreter Registry (OSDE)
- Categories of Disability under IDEA
- Discipline Removal of CTE Students with Disabilities
- Non-Traditional Careers
- Checklist for Ensuring Accessibility of Learning Materials
Ordering Details: Call 405-743-5533 or email the Printing Plant Manager for any of your printing questions and needs.
Resources for Students
Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities https://sites.ed.gov/idea/osers-releases-updated-postsecondary-education-employment-transition-guide/
Oklahoma ABLE Tech https://www.okabletech.org Oklahoma ABLE Tech provides assistive technology services, including loan of equipment, services and accessible educational materials.
Resources for Parents
Special Education Resolution Center https://okserc.org/ The Special Education Resolution Center offers innovative programs that assist school districts and parents in settling disputes regarding the individualized education programs of students with disabilities. The programs are provided at no cost through a partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education
Each and every year billions of dollars are awarded to schools, teachers and organizations!!!
New Carl Perkins Innovation Supplemental Grants
Things to know:
1. All grants will be on a two-year award cycle to match the Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment timeline. To be eligible for awards recipients will be required to complete and submit their Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment.
2. Grant recipients will have to show progress towards goal completion by the end of the first year of funding to receive 2nd year funding. These Benchmarks will be developed in collaboration with the Program area innovative grant leads and the recipients.
There will be 6 Innovation Grant initiatives that all eligible recipients can apply for:
1. Career Development and Programs of Study
2. Career Pathways, Workforce, and Industry Partnerships
3. Supporting CTE Special Populations
4. High Growth and Emerging Technologies
5. Innovation in Career Exploration
6. Innovative Strategies to Recruit and Retain CTE Instructors.