Special Populations/Special Needs
Career Development Coordinator - Special Populations
English Language Learners
English Language Learners Brochure
Strategies for Improving CareerTech Instruction
- U.S. Department of Education’s Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Corona Virus Disease 2019 Outbreak
- National Center for Systemic Improvement’s COVID-19 Resources for Supporting Students with Disabilities
|CareerTech Master Educator has many courses related
to accessibility and disabilities, including:
|Accessibility for Web Design||Accessible Video: Caption, Search, and Compliance Strategies||Acrobat DC: Creating Accessible PDFs (2015)||Advanced Accessible PDFs (2019)||Advanced Accessible PDFs (2020)||Android App Development: Accessibility|
|Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office||Creating Accessible PDFs||Disability Basics for CareerTech Educators||Dyslexia Awareness||EPUB Accessibility Using InDesign||FERPA – Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act|
|Increasing Accessibility & Fostering Inclusive Classrooms with Microsoft||iOS App Development: Accessibility||Supporting Students with Mental Illness||Teaching Techniques: Making Accessible Learning||Using Accessibility to Improve SEO||WordPress: Accessibility|
To request a login, please email James Gordon.
Resources for CTE Disability Specialists, Counselors, Teachers & Instructors
- Supporting CTE Special Populations Grant Application. Each and every year billions of dollars are awarded to schools, teachers and organizations!!!
- ESSP Mission: Provide and enhance the learning of all students that attend Career and Technology Education including those students from special populations.
- ESSP Purpose:
- Updating ESSP members on trends, plans, and policies, and current
happenings of the Oklahoma Association of Career and Technology
- Enhancing the professional attitudes and competencies of the membership
- Promoting interagency collaboration
- Strategies for Special Population Success: Practical Tips and Tools for Educators – National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity
- Disability Reference Guide For Technology Centers
- Section 504 Accommodation Plan (fillable form)
- IEP Participation Questionnaire
- Educational Interpreter Registry (OSDE)
- Categories of Disability under IDEA
- Discipline Removal of CTE Students with Disabilities
- Non-Traditional Careers
- Checklist for Ensuring Accessibility of Learning Materials
Ordering Details: Call 405-743-5533 or email the Printing Plant Manager for any of your printing questions and needs.
Resources for Students
The things you like about yourself, the things you do
all the time -- these are the basics of great job skills.
Whether you’re writing a resume or preparing for a job interview, this list can help! Be sure to think of examples from your own life that you are willing to share. For example, “I am determined and goal-oriented; I have started my own lawn care business, created business cards and promoted my business onvarious social media outlets.
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- Oklahoma ABLE Tech: Oklahoma ABLE Tech provides assistive technology services, including loan of equipment, services and accessible educational materials.
- Bookshare: Bookshare helps people read in ways that work for them. They can listen to books, follow along with highlighted text, read in braille or large text, and customize their experience.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Disability Resources: Provides resources for people with disabilities who are in the workforce and includes laws, regulations, job search, responsibilities and rights.
Resources for Parents
- Special Education Resolution Center: The Special Education Resolution Center offers innovative programs that assist school districts and parents in settling disputes regarding the individualized education programs of students with disabilities. The programs are provided at no cost through a partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education
Each and every year billions of dollars are awarded to schools, teachers and organizations!!!
New Carl Perkins Innovation Supplemental Grants - Things to know:
- All grants will be on a two-year award cycle to match the Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment timeline. To be eligible for awards recipients will be required to complete and submit their Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment.
- Grant recipients will have to show progress towards goal completion by the end of the first year of funding to receive 2nd year funding. These Benchmarks will be developed in collaboration with the Program area innovative grant leads and the recipients.
- There will be 6 Innovation Grant initiatives that all eligible recipients can apply for:
1. Career Development and Programs of Study
2. Career Pathways, Workforce, and Industry Partnerships
3. Supporting CTE Special Populations
4. High Growth and Emerging Technologies
5. Innovation in Career Exploration
6. Innovative Strategies to Recruit and Retain CTE Instructors.