Individual Career Academic Plan
Individual Career & Academic Plan
The Individual Career & Academic Plan (ICAP) is a document that will guide individuals through the coursework and activities for achieving personal career goals. An ICAP is a multi-year process that intentionally guides students and families in the exploration of career, academic and post-secondary opportunities. With the support of adults, students develop the awareness, knowledge, attitudes, and skills to create their own meaningful and powerful pathways to be career and college ready.
A personalized ICAP, simply put, is a “roadmap” that guides individuals through the coursework and activities for achieving personal career goals. An ICAP connects student’s high school and post-secondary educational experiences.
Oklahoma Career Guide
Oklahoma Career Guide an easy online tool available for all Oklahoman's to explore and guide their future. You can take assessments, identify occupations, establish education plans and, ultimately, connect to employers. Whether you are a student searching for career and college options or an adult looking for a new career path, OK Career Guide is the powerful tool to provide all the career and educational resources you will need to chart your course for the future. Training Resources
Creating an Account on OkCareerGuide.org
- Select Create an Account.
- In the dropdown menu select MS or HS student and click next steps.
- In the first step of the registration process, you will be asked to type the first three letters of your site, center, or organization. Typically, this will be the first few letters of your school name.
- For example, type “Cen” to get a list of options that begin with those letters. From that list, you may locate and select “Central HS.”
- During step three of the four-step registration process, you will create a username and password. Write it down or create a contact in your phone for the account.
- Click Sign Me Up to complete the process.
My Education Plan on Oklahoma Career Guide
- Login to OkCareerGuide.org
- Select Ed Plan from dashboard menu
- Add New Plan (College/CareerReady)
- Fill in: Plan Name, School, Grade, Year
- Select Create Plan Button
- Add Courses with +
- CareerTech Course are populated by Cluster