Updated April 2, 2020
These resources have been compiled to provide assistance with distance education as mandated by the State Department of Education. Some resources have been provided by vendors for free only for a limited time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This list has been compiled and added to our list of online resources that is available in our alphabetical index of resources on ctYou.
BMITE Distance Learning Resources
You need to be logged into ctYou in order to access BMITE Teacher Resources. If you would like to access these resources and you don't have a password, you can login using the guest password, "guest2020".
Business/Marketing Education and Financial Literacy
- MBA Learning Center (MBA Research and Curriculum Center): https://www.mbaresearch.org/index.php/curriculum-teaching/mba-learning-center
- MBA Research is providing free unlimited student subscriptions for the Learning Center LMS for all subscribers until June 30. The Learning Center holds over 200 ready-to-use lesson modules (LAPs) focused around business, marketing, ethics, and 21st century skills. Current subscribers can click here for instructions on adding student accounts.
- Schools that do not currently have a teacher subscription can purchase for a special price of $200 for accounts expiring June 30, which also includes unlimited student subscriptions. The $200 cost can be applied as a down payment toward the purchase of the Learning Center for the 2020-21 school year.
- For ordering questions or concerns, email email@example.com. For technical issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aquilla Social Media Mindset marketing curriculum: https://aquillaed.com/cte-curriculum/social-media-mindset
- In response to COVID-19, Aquilla is making their curriculum free for the remainder of the school year with no obligation to purchase to any school who is shutting down and needs online curriculum. Contact email@example.com.
- KP digital curriculum in marketing (KP Education Systems):
- KP is offering free access to its curriculum during the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. To participate, fill out the form athttp://www.kpcurriculum.com/covid19.
- Virtual Enterprises International free curriculum and resources:
- VE Tech Apps for Hands-Online Learning: This course was adapted from VE’s Technology Applications for Business and the Entrepreneur. Available for either middle school or high school, it is designed to provide hands-on, relevant learning experiences to all students in academic or CTE courses and includes orientation resources to get started. Learn more at https://veinternational.org/online-learning and fill out the form at http://form.jotform.com/200793743836059
- VE Online Resource Guide for All Schools: Based on the VE model of career exploration and career development courses, this resource guide provides schools with online learning activities that will help students and educators develop lessons applying to multiple subject areas. Learn more at https://veinternational.org/online-learning.
- HowTheMarketWorks and PersonalFinanceLab.com free resources:
- HowTheMarketWorks free stock game, which includes built-in lessons and assessments, tutorial videos, lesson plans and teacher training webinars, and related distance learning resources: https://www.howthemarketworks.comand https://education.howthemarketworks.com/the-htmw-distance-learning-toolkit
- PersonalFinanceLab.com is making its budgeting game free for all teachers for April, along with related distance learning resources:https://content.personalfinancelab.com/financial-literacy-month-budgeting-competition and https://content.personalfinancelab.com/blog/personal-finance-distance-learning-best-practices
- AICPA free virtual resources for accounting education: https://www.startheregoplaces.com/teacher/professional-development/taking-your-classroom-online
- U.S. Small Business Association free online business courses: https://www.sba.gov/course/?topic=All