Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
Create and promote diversity and inclusion
Enrich CareerTech’s perspectives regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Provide and facilitate in-house diversity and inclusion training seminars for all CareerTech employees.
- Provide guidance or lead diversity and inclusion training seminars for the CareerTech system.
- Establish awards for CareerTech employees, students, and student organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Implement strategies to ensure recruitment and retention practices/policies reflect a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Implement and evaluate best practices for recruiting, retaining, and advancing all CareerTech employees, students, student organizations, and customers.
- Review and revise institutional policies/practices, curricular programs, and co-curricular programs to ensure promotion of diversity and inclusion annually.
Foster outreach, service, and partnerships with diverse communities.
- Establish a CareerTech presence at the annual Oklahoma State University Diversity Hall of Fame Banquet.
- Establish symposiums with diverse business owners and leaders throughout Oklahoma.
Foster CareerTech's cultural awareness.
- See Cultural Awareness Calendar
- Link multicultural events with the Cultural Awareness Calendar.
- Utilize social media and email to post all known community multicultural events.